It's been a little while since I've shared what's been going on in our lives lately...along with some random photos.
1. We joined Crosspoint Church this past Sunday and are becoming a part of a Life Group next week. This particular Life Group meets within a mile from our house and the oldest child is 2.5 years. Our neighbor has agreed to come to our house every Wed night to put K to bed and stay here until Life Group is over, so that he doesn't have to stay up late. Thank you Nicki!!!
2. Karsten is keeping me on my toes! He is very busy and into everything! Yesterday I had put a tablecloth and vase of flowers on our kitchen table and within 5 minutes he pulled the tablecloth (with flowers) off the table and onto the floor. He knew he was in trouble as I fussed at him and put him in time out (the pack and play) while I cleaned up the glass and water. When I picked him up out of time and and carried him back to the living room he promptly kissed my cheek for the first time. Lil stinker has got some perfect timing!
3. I've been busy creating canvases and working on opening my new etsy shop, 3 Hearts Design. It's been fun creating artwork again. I hope to have the shop opened by next week. Here's the address: www.3HeartsDesign.etsy.com I bought a digital store header off etsy for my store. I LOVE it...
4. Tomorrow I go to St. Luke's Hospital for my annual heart check up. It's a day I'm always ready to have behind me. Nothing terribly painful happens...it's just a day...in a hospital...being reminded that I will always be a transplant patient. Brian is taking the day off to stay home with Karsten. Truly I think the worst part is that I can't have coffee until I have a dobutamine stress test done at 9:30. This means that I have to get up early and sit in traffic without a warm cup of coffee in my hand. Yep, that's the worst part...I am an official coffee addict...granted I only drink 1 cup a day, but that one cup is the fuel that get's this girl moving!
5. I joined a Pearland SAHM group last week through Meetup.com Are you familiar with Meetup.com? It's one of the coolest ideas. Check it out!
6. Karsten and I had 2 playdates last week with this particular group. We didn't meet up this week because we had other things going on, but I'm sure we'll have playdates next week. A playdate is a time that you get out of the house with your toddler and watch them interact while trying to hold a conversation with another Mom. Those conversations are continually interrupted, but you don't care because you're just happy to be having some kind of adult conversation!
7. One of my sweetest friends is returning to the States this week from living in Malaysia for a few years with her Ex-pat hubby, Mr. Ken. Danice, I can't wait to hug your neck and hear your laugh! Photo taken in 2010 (this photo makes me miss my long hair...sniff!)
8. All of my laundry is done....at one time! That's a great feeling!
9. We have our flights booked for our Fall trip back home. K and I will be flying to St. Louis at the end of Sept. and then a week later we'll fly to Nashville to meet up with Brian to go see his Mom and Step Dad. I am ready for some FALL weather in a big way.
10. Speaking of Fall...I lit a Pumpkin/Apple candle the last weekend and Brian walked into the house and said "Why does it smell like fall in here? It's not fall yet!" September 1st is the beginning of Fall in my mind...let the Pumpkin candles be lit and the Fall decorations be pulled from the 100 degree attic!
11. Yesterday I started a new routine of having dinner ready when Brian gets home. I used to prepare dinner once he got home and we would eat after K went to bed (at 7:45-8). We're both wanting to lose some weight and one of the first commandments of losing weight is to not eat after 7....so I'm rearranging my schedule to fix dinner earlier in the day.
12. I've gotten into a big baking groove lately. Muffins, cookies, etc. Sharing it all with neighbors or Brian taking it to work. I have 2 muffin recipes to post soon...granola muffins and pecan pie muffins. Please disregard my effort to lose weight. Why is it that as soon as I want to lose a few pounds I get into a baking kick?!
13. We have this random plant growing out by our fence. I've been known to throw vegetable and fruit scraps out in this area and I think we have a watermelon growing. I see Watermelon Mojitos in my future!